- Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist - Are you looking for a way to grow your faith in the Eucharist? Consider this ministry! Dedicated persons who minister the Body and Blood of Jesus to parishioners during Mass.This is a commissioned ministry for fully initiated Catholics (Confirmed). Ministers are trained and scheduled. It’s a wonderful way to increase your participation in the
- Nursing Home/Homebound Ministry - Distribution of Holy Communion to shut-in parishioners, to residents at Azalea Hills retirement com- munity, and other Nursing Home facilities. This is a very special ministry that touches the lives of those unable to attend Mass, reminding them that they are still a vital part of our faith Training is provided.
- Lector - Proclaimers of the Word of God! From the mouth of the pro- claimer to the ears of the hearers, the Word of God comes alive. Adults and youth with a love of Holy Scripture, with good voice quality, who enunciate clearly and read with understanding are invited to participate in proclaiming the Word of God at Training is provided.
- Gift Bearer - Families / individuals to present the gifts of bread and wine during Mass. Since the early days of the Church the bread and wine needed for consecration have been brought forth from the community. Today, as these gifts pass us in procession we are invited to symbolically place ourselves within the bowl on the altar to be transformed and become Christ for the world.
Reverent and conscientious adults, teens and pre-teens (girls and boys) prepare for and assist at Liturgies. Adults serve primarily at weekday Masses. Youth serve primarily at weekend Masses and weekday school Masses. Training is provided for this necessary ministry where individuals serve God, the priest-presider and the assembly.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW)
Contact: Francine Gettelfinger ........................................................ (812) 923-2459
CLOW takes place during the Liturgy of the Word at the 10:30 Sunday morning mass.
Volunteers are needed to help lead children, 3 years – 2nd grade, in prayer, song, and reflection of the Sunday readings.
Contact: Director of Music - TBA
“To sing once is to pray twice!” St. Augustine St. Mary of the Knobs is a parish known to sing and pray well. In addition to having many singers, the parish abounds with musical talent. If you have fostered your God-given gift of music and wish to share it with the parish for the glory of God, consider being involved in one of the following ways:
- Instrumentalist - Organ/piano artists, guitarists, and various instrumentalists serve the parish and enhance the Liturgy by sharing their God-given talents with the faith
- Cantor - Leader of sung Vocalists with pleasant voices and a love for Scripture will be trained to lead the sung prayer of our faith community. Cantors serve in a primary role at each of the three week end Masses. Junior Cantors are trained and begin serving as cantor at weekend Masses as young as the 6th grade.
- Choirs: Adult, Teen, Children, Cherub — Do you sing in the shower or along with the radio? Consider lending your voice to a choir. There is great fun and satisfaction in being part of a group whose primary purpose is to touch the heart of God and His people through song. Contact Music Director-TBA for rehearsal times for one of our parish choirs.
- Handbell Choir - Ringers have a special touch! St. Mary of the Knobs is blessed to have a four octave set of handbells. Rhythm and desire will land you a place at the table in the Handbell If you have always wanted to play an instrument but are not quite sure which one, this “instrument” takes many players to achieve its best sound. Join the fun of ringing in the special seasons!
- Contemporary Ensemble (Guitar Group) This group offers a different style of music than a choir and is a vital part of the Liturgy at various times.
- Youth Mini-Orchestra - Calling all YOUTH MUSICIANS! Stewardship involves sharing your gifts with our parish no matter your age. Instrumentalists 7th grade and up are invited to participate at weekend Masses and special occasions by sharing your musical gift. Rehearsals will be scheduled per event. Contact Jennifer Gordon at gordonjenni [email protected] or 812-697-0945.
- Technical Support / Sound Control –Volunteers will be trained to handle the microphone system and to use sound and recording equipment of the parish.
LITURGICAL HOSPITALITY MINISTRIES:
Usher - Men and women who assist in seating parishioners in church and collecting the offering during Mass.
Learn more about Usher Responsibilities here: http://www.yoursmk.org/usher-information
Greeter - Welcome parishioners, newcomers, and guests for the Eucharist and other liturgical celebrations. Duties include greeting people at the door, caring for individual needs, distribution of worship aids and parish
Parish Health Ministry
This ministry welcomes healthcare professionals, and those interested in integrating health and healing with faith and service. Some of the services provided are monthly blood pressure screenings after weekend Mass and the making and distribution of “prayer blankets.” The Parish Health Ministry’s concerns are multigenerational and outreach services are in formation.
Information Station Team
There is nothing quite as welcoming as people who are happy to see you! Stationed in the gathering space, team members provide directional information to visitors. They do not try to answer all the questions.
They provide visitors with details about programs and services and help members sign up to take their next steps in discipleship.
Art & Environment
Contact: Melissa Pierson.................................................. 502-558-2871
This committee works as a team by sharing ideas and coordinating the decoration of our worship space throughout the year. Members meet quarterly to develop and implement ideas to enhance the sanctuary area so the décor will reflect the liturgical seasons. Members share the responsibility of decorating on a rotating basis. Flexibility is the key with this group. If decorating and design is your talent, please consider joining us.