Welcome to St. Mary of the Knobs
Resumption of Liturgies
For now, Masses will be limited to 30% capacity across the Archdiocese which means St Mary of the Knobs Church Mass capacity is 275. On Sundays, for the 10:30 AM Mass only, we will celebrate Mass in the Church and Geis Center (Capacity for Geis Center is 300).
• The Archbishop is strongly recommending those considered “at-risk” by the CDC (65-years and over and those with high-risk health conditions) SHOULD REMAIN AT HOME and not attend Mass in person for their own safety. Masks and face coverings are recommended on-campus & during Mass.
• There will be one lector, a few extraordinary ministers, one cantor, one musician, no altar servers, and no choirs.
• No holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer
• No Sign of Peace
• Baskets will not be used during the offertory. You will be able to place your weekly gift in a basket as you exit the church.
• Holy Communion will be distributed after the final Mass blessing.
• Holy Communion will be distributed only by the Host – the Body of Christ.
• The Precious Blood will not be offered to the congregation.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer to use before receiving Holy Communion. Archbishop Thompson recommends Holy Communion be received in the hands and not on the tongue (for the time being).
• Use of personal hand sanitizer before Holy Communion is strongly encouraged. (Please, bring your own).
• No blessing of non-Communicants will be offered by directive of the Archdiocese (for now)
• We will sanitize pews in between every Mass• Disinfecting bathrooms, door handles, and other frequently touched surfaces occur throughout the day.
• Parish staff and Ushers will be required to wear face masks, wash hands, and will be screened for COVID19 symptoms.
Music Director Position Available
St. Mary of the Knobs Catholic Church, an active parish in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis for over 198 years with a newly built Church in the hill country of Floyds Knobs, Indiana is seeking a Liturgical Music Director. St. Mary of the Knobs is a vibrant suburban parish with over 1,000 families and a preschool-8 Catholic school whose new church, offices, and gym were dedicated in 2012. The director would be responsible for the effective preparation, coordination, performance, and leadership of music within the liturgical celebrations of the parish. Candidates must be engaging individuals with an ability to lead who possess strong musical talent in a wide range of styles including Catholic hymns, Christian classics, and contemporary music. Knowledge and training in Roman Catholic Liturgy is required.
The position could be 25-40 hours per week and would require a bachelor’s degree in music or the equivalent. All those interested should submit their resume along with a 2-4 minute video introducing themselves and their vision for a music ministry program in a parish, a 5-10 minute recording of keyboarding skills, and a vocal recording to showcase both a liturgical mass piece and a more contemporary worship hymn. All applications may be submitted to [email protected] or by mail ATTN: Regina Didat. St. Mary of the Knobs is located at 5719 St. Mary’s Rd., Floyd Knobs, Indiana 47119. Deadline for application is July 15, 2020. CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
8am Mass Monday-Friday
4:30pm Saturday Mass
8:00am Sunday Mass
10:30am Sunday Mass
Posted in Blog News on 05/28/20
See job description at: https://bit.ly/2XaW58e
Posted in Blog News on 05/18/20
Masses will resume at St. Mary of the Knobs the weekend of May ... Read More »
Posted in Blog News on 05/13/20
The New Albany Deanery honors area high school seniors who have made ... Read More »